Wednesday 9 October 2013

The boy grew and grew and grew...

...until he was almost 1 year old!! (nine months to be exact)

Today I took Max and Poppie for a walk and on the way back I slowed down so he could watch the world better. I was watching him and it got me thinking just how fast time really does fly by.
I remember so clearly the day I took the test and feeling a nervous excitement at work about my own chance to be someones whole world. Then all the wondering - what will happen to my body, what will labour be like, what will the baby's gender be, what will it look like, what will it's personality be like, will it be really hard. So many unanswered questions that only the future held.

Then suddenly D day came and went! We had a beautiful baby boy and were in the thick of it; late nights, breastfeeding struggles, constant nappy changes, over analysing everything! and again so quickly it all passed and we suddenly had routine, better sleep and milestones being ticked off before the ink could even dry.

I looked down at my nine month old and felt a bitter sweet pain, we had so much time left together yet I feel like I needed more of the time we just had. Babies really truly grow to quickly.
One piece of advice a new mum gave me was cherish every moment because it goes so quickly; then she turned to me and said 'seriously, you think you are but your not, it will be over before you know it'

I guess she felt the same...


Here are a whole lot of pictures of our first nine months together as a family:

Car ride home

You had a taste of freedom then you were sent back to the hospital for two nights



Getting to know each other

First swim




First trip to the beach - Blacks Beach


First swing ride


First taste of food- Avacado!

Baby wearing daddy

6 month birthday and your half cake to celebrate!

                                                                   Eungella Dam
First camping trip to Eungella Dam



Edible paint fun



Your growing too fast kid, slow down!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS